Elemaster US – Duluth, Ga
Surface Mount Line Process Technician
The Surface Mount Line Engineer or Technician, will be responsible for the successful implementation of SMT line process for new products as well as the continuous improvement of manufacturing efforts on the production floor. This role develops, evaluates, and improves fabrication processes for new printed circuit assembly boards that meet customer requirements, including product performance, quality standards, cost and delivery. Very hands on role, spending over 90% of the time on the line running samples/developing processes.
- Develop machine programs and work instructions utilizing CAM tools (Yamaha YS platform).
- Develop machine programs for Koh Young SPI.
- Support Production Manager with employee training and day to day questions with work orders from staff.
- Program, Debug, Setup, Operate and Maintain: Pick & Place equipment, Reflow Ovens, Screen Printers, Solder Paste Inspection equipment.
- Develop and perform setup / change over procedures on equipment to ready for the next work order.
- Troubleshoot, root cause and document defective product or process failures. This includes utilizing troubleshooting tools such as: X-Ray, Microscope other inspection tools.
- Evaluate customer product for quality during manufacturing and take appropriate actions to resolve issues and improve qualify existing products. Ensure product is produced according to developed procedures.
- Operate production equipment and perform builds when required.
Skills and Specifications:
- Be able to operate Surface Mount Technology advanced placement machines.
Change out feeders and identify components per work instructions. Troubleshoot and correct problems.
- Be capable to identify different electronic component types, including value and polarity, be able to use a microscope
- Be capable to obtain certifications in soldering. Having current certification is preferred
- Up to 4 years minimum experience in electronics manufacturing environment.
- Able to stand, lift, bend, twist, reach and follow instructions provided by supervisor
- Have attention to detail , bbility to work well with others
- Experience with auditing manufacturing process steps
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient computer software skills (Microsoft Access, Excel, Word)
Associate Degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience.
The Surface Mount Line Process Technician works in a manufacturing environment on the production floor and/or in a lab environment.