Job description (work duty):
The role of the Quality Engineer is to take part in all the activities related to the management of the Quality Control and to coordinate all the efforts to improve the quality of the processes in order to satisfy Customers requirements and needs.
In this role he/she will be working in the Quality team with the support of product specialists and the whole manufacturing team.
The duties include:
- Ensure the alignment of the Quality System with the requested Standards; this includes the preparation and maintenance of the Data and Documentation Systems and their management.
- Prepare adequately the organization to sustain Customer and third party audits, coordinate the audited team during the visits, ensure that follow up actions are clearly identified and implemented.
- Drive suppliers continuous improvement managing the complaint related to internal findings on quality
- Run internal audits reporting properly findings and identifying improvement projects.
- Ensure to the General Manager that any preventive/corrective action necessary to close Customers Non Conformities are properly managed.
- Maintain KPI (key performance indicator) system reporting periodically the results to the GM
- Ensure workmanship meets or exceeds IPC and customer standards
- Verify that only accurate, updated and authorized documentation is available in production line
- Inform or instruct employees about any deviations or changes ensuring line personnel are thoroughly trained, certified and are performing their assigned functions.
- Assist supervisors in conducting line operators
- Adhere to all safety rules and ensure that workers use the required protective equipment
- Education level: equivalent to college/university preferred if in Electronics, ability to use Office tools is mandatory ( Document creation, spreadsheets, presentations )
- Related work experiences : it is mandatory a previous experience in this position in a EMS/OEM company with PCBA productions
- Strong knowledge of ISO9001 requirements and their implementation is mandatory, knowledge of other Standards (e.g. IRIS, ISO 13485) are a plus
- Related techniques & technologies controlled : Teamwork, SPC techniques (some knowledge is preferred )
- Management experience and personality : ability to develop, motivate and challenge all the team members to perform at their full potential through direct and timely formal and informal feedback, result oriented
- Language: English mandatory with ability to write and read procedures, instructions, correspondence and memos. Ability to effectively present information facing Customers representative and other employees of the organization
Direct supervisor: General manager
Direct subordinators: it is planned a development of the Quality team up to 4-5 people. In case of proved team management skills, there will be the possibility to become the quality team leader