- Elemaster US-Duluth, GA.
The Buyer will be based in Duluth, GA and will be responsible for negotiating directly with suppliers to get the best possible pricing and payment options. The candidate must possess knowledge of purchasing practices and procedures.
The duties include:
- Processes purchasing transactions.
- Examines and analyzes purchase requisitions for completeness and accuracy of information.
- Analyzes Customer Ship Schedule (Backlog) and communicates order status in meetings.
- Build relationships with suppliers and manage their performance.
- Search for suppliers who could offer better products, and provide cost savings for the company.
- Conduct routine supplier business reviews, evaluating supplier performance and compliance.
- Work with Receiving & QA Inspection teams to communicate expected quality level of materials with suppliers.
- Work with Production Control to forecast demand and evaluate inventory levels.
- Take requisition orders from within the organization.
- Assist in cycle count activities and maintain accuracy of 96%.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Good communication and planning skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Awareness of pricing and inventory issues.
- Ability to work under pressure/deadlines.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office.
- Electronic & Cable assembly manufacturing experience preferred.
- Materials Manager.